The value of conversation - (a short*) part II ~ Sounds + Food 'n' Retail

Ramit Sethi, on the "I Will Teach You To Be Rich" blog, writes:

"I’ve run this site for three years without ever running ads, so this is new for me. If you have any feedback, good or bad, please let me know. I take it really seriously and will reply to every single email...”
His post is about adding adverts to the side, but note the "I take [feedback] really seriously and will reply to every single email."

I think being explicit like this is really important in communication, particularly the online kind. Most people write (hate-)mail, assuming that no-one is listening. They generally write a lot, assuming that (just look at blogs, haha). Clarifying that you, the consumer, are important is vital to start a meaningful conversation, especially in an environment where it's hard to convey that kind of information.

I also like that the about-page is basically an outline of the whole blog, and that the more info-link (top-right) is the email-adress of Ramit (founder of IWTYTBR). Informative and to the point. Nice!

(Short*: This is just a short update to my last post on the topic of conversation.)


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.